Translating Unix code

firegamp 21:10 26 Dec 10

I'm trying to recover Eudora email messages, lost in a mess-up while replacing XP Pro with a new OS (Windows 7). Whenever I seem to be getting closer, I get a message saying that the information I want is in Unix. How can I translate the gobbledegook on screen into something I can understand? Help please. firegamp

bremner 21:43 26 Dec 10

Is it syaing Unix or Inicode?

bremner 21:43 26 Dec 10

Inicode = Unicode

firegamp 14:14 27 Dec 10

Sorry about that! Trying to keep it short produced a VERY ambiguous question!! I'll try again...

Trying to get at "lost" email messages, I read an information item about mail storage, saying that when Eudora is installed it creates, among other things, files which are needed for mailboxes, signatures and other settings.

After a list of such files, there was a section about the eudora.ini file, saying that this contained "Configuration and Switches info, plusnotes describing each entry. It said nicknames are saved in the nndbase.txt file, table of contents for nicknames in nndbase.toc and mail in in.mbx, out.mbx and trash.mbx.

Then comes the thing that has me foxed. It says: "NOTE: These files are in UNIX mail format."

So...is there a gizmo that will perform an instant translation when I click to open such a file? Still hoping! firegamp

bremner 14:59 27 Dec 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017