translater english to german

talyho 11:56 26 Sep 08

My wife would like to write to her pen friend in german, as she writes to her in english, is there a way for her to translate english to german in letter form then print it to send by post

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 26 Sep 08

Plenty of translators on the web but the results from a computer based translation service can be "variable"

click here=

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:18 26 Sep 08
  oldbeefer2 12:19 26 Sep 08

babelfish click here isn't too bad for simple stuff.

Picklefactory 13:13 26 Sep 08

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ states, or possibly understates, the web based ones can be pretty poor. I once tried the Google version to write a short note in German to a genealogy centre in Switzerland. They replied (Embarrassingly in very good English) that they could barely understand any of my request and could I please re-submit via a German speaking translator.
Good luck, and sorry I have no useful suggestions

Technotiger 13:55 26 Sep 08

I use Easy Translater4, it is very good. Just type the letter in English, then one click of the mouse gives instant translation into German.

click here]

Technotiger 14:00 26 Sep 08

PS - Easy Translater 4 is not free, but could probably be found on eBay.

ET4 integrates into Word/email/web pages and more.

€dstowe 14:46 26 Sep 08

Computers cannot understand language or grammar so, of necessity, the results of any language translation will be less than perfect and sometimes a complete joke.

To illustrate, try translating some English text into German then from German into French and then back into English. What comes out will usually bear little resemblance to what you started with and the more languages it goes through, the less sensible is the final result. Sometimes it can be very funny.

Rather than cause herself embarrassment your wife should stick to English or, perhaps, learn German. If she did the last, having a German friend would be great for learning real idiomatic German - the way it is really spoken rather than what language courses tell you is spoken and written.

talyho 09:39 28 Sep 08

Thanks all for your help will send my wife to have some lessons.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…