Transferring/Copying from IE to Firefox

Stressed Mum 11:55 25 May 08

I have been having numerous problems with IE just lately. It keeps having to close down. I have updated following the links provided but with no great improvment so I'm off to Firefox. Can anyone help with a few questions? I would like to copy my IE Favourites over to Firefox Bookmarks - but can't find the Bookmarks folder anywhere... and I would ideally like to have the script/text improved for my bad eyesight - but can't find the same as IE - have tried lots of ways but maybe I'm missing something. I searched the options and the view but I just need it to be a little bolder and it just won't give me that option?? Running XP Office 2003. Thanks. SM

MAT ALAN 12:02 25 May 08

It does it for you when prompted..

After installation, the Firefox Import Setting Wizard will run asking whether you want to import your favorites, internet options, cookies, saved passwords and a variety of other data settings from Internet Explorer. Answer "yes" to all- having all this information within Firefox makes for a much smoother transition

Stressed Mum 12:20 25 May 08

Nope! Wasn't prompted. Had Firefox on desktop from 'yonks' ago - and just reopened it and updated it. Perhaps I should remove it altogether and resinstall? what do you think?

Stressed Mum 12:28 25 May 08

Ok - thanks for that - just imported them and now reorganissing them. SM :)

Stressed Mum 12:34 25 May 08

Yes - thanks - have tried all those - will continue to fiddle around until I find something suitable.

Stressed Mum 13:38 25 May 08

Great! All sorted - almost. Much easier to use this tool and I notice there are others there too which will help me. thanks all of you. Problem sorted. SM :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5