Transferring VHS to DVD

Repurr 09:56 25 May 07

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good company who transfers VHS to DVD at a fair price?

R

recap 10:00 25 May 07

This can be done at home on your own computer there are quite a few free downloads available. click here I have not used any personally but I am sure somebody here will recommned one to you.

Sheik Yerbouti 10:01 25 May 07

I believe some pharmacies do it for around £20 a pop. If it's more than a couple of Vids, why not buy an Analog to Digital converter setup and do them yourself? Canopus ADVC 55 is very good, I use this myself. You will need a 6 pin firewire port on the PC for best results. ADVC 55 around £100. You can buy cheap USB setups for 30 -40 quid, but in my experience the audio goes out of sync with the video on long transfers(over 1 hour)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:14 25 May 07

Cheapest and easiest way is the buy a DVD recorder £70 Argos / Asda and connect to your video with a scart lead.

pj123 18:08 25 May 07

Or give this one a go:

click here

Totally-braindead 19:46 25 May 07

I do what Fruit Bat /\0/\ has said its the simplest method. If you don't have a standalone DVD recorder linked to yout TV and don't want one ask your mates chances are someone will have one you can use. I wouldn't pay someone to do it as in my opinion its too expensive.

Repurr 09:43 31 May 07

Thanks for the tips and ideas - much appreciated. Can you hook up a video recorder to a laptop with a dvd writer to do this?

If so can someone point me in the right direction of the right type of cable connection to do this.

Thanks for your help

R

johnnyrocker 09:47 31 May 07

i dont think so without a form of capture device on the laptop.

johnny,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…