Transferring VHS to DVD

Granddad Ray 09:13 23 Jun 06

Thanks to the excellent advice of the reader contributors to the help room I bought the Ulead Picture Show 4. The effectiveness of it's instruction book aside, it is an excellent programme. What I would like to do is to transfer some of my composite video material (both VHS and VHS-C) to a format suitable for use with this programme. Can anybody advise?

Terry Brown 09:39 23 Jun 06

If you transfer the Tape files to Computer as Mpg format, you should be able to import them to your Ulead program.By default Ulead saves programs in it's own format, which is not readable by other formats,but you can export (Look under FILE) your saved program to any video format you chhose.

silverous 09:48 23 Jun 06 need a capture card that has composite inputs and then connect your VHS equipment up to that.

I don't know ulead picture show but it sounds like (and from a quick search looks like) it is for photos and slideshows rather than videos?

It is probably easiest to get a capture device and software package, you'll find them on most computer supplier websites.

jbaker65 10:19 23 Jun 06

I use an AverMedia DVD EZmaker Gold pci capture card which will accept composite signal from a VHS recorder and save as mpg format onto your hard drive. I think Aldi stores also do a USB capture device to do the same thing. About £30 for either.

woodchip 10:21 23 Jun 06

This works with Analog Video Recorders. It's good I have used it click here

281apple 11:10 23 Jun 06

Suggest you take a look at Dazzle which can transfer VHS to a computer using y/C cable ou RCA (cinch) cables. But it is kind of expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…