transferring vhs to digital?

jbaker65 13:25 08 Apr 04

Hello, has anyone any experience of the 'Swann DVD Easy' pci card for captureing vhs tapes onto the PC for editing and burning DVD's. I would like to know if its quality is good and sound sync acceptable. It is certainly reasonably priced.

Diemmess 15:13 08 Apr 04

I have no experience, but think you might consider something which happens however you copy anything.

It should be alright if the original is acceptable, and you just want to change the display format.

The copy can never be better than the original. You nearly always lose something each time it is copied. OK you may be able to make changes so that the copy looks better, but only at the expense of something else. The obvious point would be that you are unlikely to be able to improve on poor visual detail, or really fluffy sound.

naggis 15:53 08 Apr 04

Don't know about the card you mention. I use a Pinnacle DC 10+ card with Studio 7 and it works well. You have the chance of changing the footage in Studio. You can write dvd's in a number of bits of software - MovieFactory, Nero, etc. They all seem to perform in a similar manner and have the facility to allow a direct copy from input to dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…