Transferring tape and record to CD

littlerabbit 21:45 08 Dec 03

I've seen adverts for various soft/hardware programs which claim to be able to transfer analogue cassette or vinyl signals to CD via a desktop and a CD burner.

Are any of these reliable, and if so, which ones?

BarryKeith 21:59 08 Dec 03

If you do a search of these pages, you will discover that this subject has come up time and again as there are many enquiries such as yours. The answers you desire are there, all you need do is search.

TimCDC 22:10 08 Dec 03

I've been using LP recorder which I saw reviewed in another magazine. It works fine, but I had to pay about £20 registration fee for it - and shortly after doing that I discovered that Nero, which came bundled with my computer has a wave editor that does the trick; and also that my creative soundcard has a sound recorder that will do the job; and someone else on this forum recommended the Goldwave program as excellent. All will transfer to .wav form, and then Ahead Nero (and I guess other standard CD burning software) will transfer it to CDA format that can be read on a normal CD stereo. You have to amplify the signal from your turntable/tape player, and then connect to your line-in socket, rather than your microphone...
I've just started transferring my LP collection and am happily reliving those student days....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…