Transferring and playing CDs on computer

cruiser2 29 Jan 13

I have W7 and use Firefox. After having a fault with my computer I uninstalled and then re-installed WY 32bit. I am now trying to transfer CDs onto the computer so I can make playlists and down load them onto memory sticks. But I am doing something wrong as I get an error message. I did not have a problem before the fault occurred. I have saved some Cds which I down loaded before the fault onto an external HD but I cannot transfer these onto a memory stick. Any help much appreciated.

Furkin 29 Jan 13

Hi C2,

I think that the actual Error Message might help the guys on here to help you.

cruiser2 29 Jan 13

The error is:WIndows Media Player Error Code 1197--Cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted. Hope this helps.

scotty 29 Jan 13

I like a program named CDEX for ripping CDs click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message