Transferring pictures from PC to digital frame

BingoBoy 14:52 28 Jan 08

I have a Living Images digital photoframe with a 128mb memory and need advice on transferring pictures out of my PC into the memory of the frame. I thought I had it sussed as initially I managed to drag and drop a small number into the frame. However, I spent the best part of 2 hours sorting through my many photo files selecting the ones I wanted to transfer across only for them not to appear when I viewed the pictures via the photoframe. The method I followed was connect via USB port and various new drives appeared E: to K: on my PC. The E: drive contained the original pictures that I had managed to transfer across so I deleted them from this drive and proceeded to select the individual photos en mass then copied them into the E: by right clicking on the mouse and using send to function selecting E: having trawled through various files and transferred in the region of 75 photos into the E: I could view all of them via the PC. So having shut down the USB connection using the Safely Remove Hardware tab I then went to view the frame itself but none of the photos had moved across. The only thing I could find was the original titles of the photos that were in the frame but which were now empty. I sem to be missing some sort of step to effectively synch what is in my PC with the frame. Any suggestions? The manual is no help by the way.

john bunyan 14:57 28 Jan 08

If the frame takes SD cards and you have a card reader on your PC I suggest you keep a folder on the PC with the photos you want on the frame, copy them to the SD card (or other temporary storage, such as a usb pen) and then you can change them if you wish.

jack 15:12 28 Jan 08

As with JB
Describe the connections available on the photo frame please

BingoBoy 15:17 28 Jan 08

Product Features
Screen Ratio 16:9

Screen Resolution (pixels) 480x234

Digital Photo Size (inches)
Internal Memory 128MB

Memory Cards Supported CFC, MMC, MS, SD

Supported Image Formats JPEG
Supported Video Formats MPEG

Supported Audio Formats MP3

Remote Control Yes

USB port for Memory Stick Yes

PC Connectivity (USB) Yes

Bluetooth No

Slideshow Yes

Mains Adaptor Supplied 220/240V Adaptor
Warranty 12 Months
Additional Features Include:
Calendar, clock and alarm function
Ultra High Definition screen
Our first frame with internal memory

That is the list of product features - does that help?

Bagsey 17:13 28 Jan 08

Yes. Use an SD card and as suggested earlier copy from your computer to a SD card via a usb card reader.

jack 17:52 28 Jan 08

That is the way to go - acquire a memory card- but of course you will need a card reader.
But you do have USB so a memory stick will do
The images to not have to be 'Loaded'
The device should 'Feed' from the inserted media.
So in My pictures create a folder and name it -picture frame- In to the frame copy the images you wish to view- If you desire a 'running' order you will have to number the images -[Right click /rename/ number using 3 digit format - 001 002 003 etc.,- these are copy files so will not affect the originals] this will give a running order.
Good viewing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now