Transferring Outlook Express folders to a new PC

spanglysteve 19:53 04 Jun 03

I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer all my email messages and folder structure from Outlook Express on ym old machine. However, when I goto to file/export, it just exports them to Outlook on that machine. How do i xport it to a file which I can import to Outlook Express on my new machine. I would rather use Outlook Express to Outlook as I like its simplicity.

Stephen

Rayuk 21:07 04 Jun 03

Is this any help to you
click here

Despicable Desperado 01:24 05 Jun 03

If you are running OE 5 and above - Go into tools, options, maintenance, source folder. Take a note of where it is. Then navigate via windows explorer to the relevant folder (it will end up being called Outlook Express). Just copy the entire Outlook Express folder to your new PC - you can just put it at the root (ie c:\Outlook Express). Then go into outlook express on the new machine, into tools, maintenance, store folder, change and then browse to the new folder (eg c:\outlook express). You get a message to shutdown and reopen outlook express which you can do. However if you are running WinXP then you have to reboot the OS to change the store folder. Prior to OE5 I have no idea!! This transfers all the messages. To copy your accounts export these within OE via the accounts option. You can also transfer your address book via the file, export command

spanglysteve 09:09 05 Jun 03

Thanks guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…