Transferring music from LPs and cassettes

Bigpeat 12:42 18 Jun 06

I have been looking out for some kit that will enable me to transfer music from LPs and cassettes to a PC. The Times is currently advertising a digital turntable made by Ion together with Audacity eiting software (which allows cleaning up, dividing, labelling etc). This will apparently also allow any taperecorder to be connected to the turntable, and the latter connects via a single USB cable to the PC. This sounds ideal for my purposes, but before parting with £120 I thought I would see if anyone has tried this equipment or has any other suggestions. I know that several experts have recommended Roxio Easy CD creator software, but I also need the hardware as I no longer have a suitable LP turntable. Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Graham ® 12:48 18 Jun 06

click here

A friend has just transferred a vinyl to CD for me. It took him ages because it has to be done in real time, requiring constant supervision.

If you have a lot to do, it may be worth the cost. I would recommend using a rewritable CD initially, until you get used to it.

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:49 18 Jun 06

I think that £120.00 for the software and hardware sounds like a reasonable price. One caveat, be sure you want to do this as it's very time consuming, and after the first two or three LP's and cassettes it becomes a chore, but that's only my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…