Transferring mass of Emails

chapeau 20:48 PM 18 Nov 11

I am in process of changing my ISP, What do I do about all the emails to my present ISP web address. There are about 150 Mb of them which I need to keep and access at some future time. Text would be nice, or a format aceesible to Firefox. Only about five days to go.

johnnyrocker 21:08 PM 18 Nov 11

i would have thought those mails were on your pc?

chapeau 21:26 PM 18 Nov 11

No, they are on the webmail site of my old ISP

rdave13 21:40 PM 18 Nov 11

For now use Gmail to import all your emails, some info here but better help once you create a Gmail account with the help features within.

Once all are saved use Windows Live Mail (Old Outlook) to save on your PC. Once again use the help features to show you how.

wiz-king 09:23 AM 19 Nov 11

I would get an email client for my PC - like pegasus -and download it but then I dont like webmail.

elisalead 10:22 AM 19 Nov 11

If you are using outlook then you can transfer all your emails to a new PST file. You just need to create a new one for this purpose. In most cases, you will get back all emails in new file however, sometimes users face email accessing trouble due to improper configuration. If it happens with you then download free scanpst.exe tool from authorized site and run it to repair your outlook file. I am sure after that you will be able to access your all mails in new account that are in old account.

lotvic 10:46 AM 19 Nov 11

elisalead, he is using ISP's Webmail at present - not an email client on pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November