Transferring ISP Details

Blott 06:37 03 Feb 04

Half an hour ago, searching the forum, I found some advice on copying ISP details and settings from one computer to another.

The advice then was to copy using a floppy disc.

Unfortunately when searching again, the same thread did not come up, and I can't find it anywhere.

Any Advice on that one Please ?

Regards
Blott

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:02 03 Feb 04
  temp003 08:03 03 Feb 04

From this link on pc mag (the site is down at the moment, and the link is pretty old anyway, so I don't know whether it still works even when the site is up again.) click here But here's the relevant text.

On both computers, launch My Computer and navigate to Network and Dial-up Connections (Dial-up Networking in some Windows platforms). Rename any existing connections on the target computer that have the same name as a connection on the source computer. On the source computer, launch REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess. With that key highlighted, select Export from the Registry menu and export it to a file named DUNCOPY.REG. Transfer DUNCOPY.REG to the target machine and launch it.

When you reopen the Network and Dial-up Connections folder on the target machine, the transferred dial-up connections should appear on the target machine. They will not work at first, because the modem information comes from the source machine. Right-click each one, choose Properties, and select the correct modem. You should now have working copies of your dial-up connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…