Transferring IE favorites to another PC

pj123 14:44 23 Jun 06

Running Win 98SE. Want to save Favorites to another PC also running Win 98SE.

How do I do that, please?

BurrWalnut 14:49 23 Jun 06

IE, File, Import/Export then choose Export Favorites. The file will be saved as Bookmark.htm. Make you you save it to removable storage, e.g. a floppy diskette.

On the other PC go to IE, File, Import/Export then choose Import Favorites. Browse to the floppy and follow the prompts.

BurrWalnut 14:51 23 Jun 06

I should have said 'Make sure you....' not 'Make you you...'.

pj123 15:00 23 Jun 06

BurrWalnut, brill. Thanks a lot.

pj123 16:46 23 Jun 06

BurrWalnut. Not good. bookmark.htm saved to CD.

On the other PC. Import Favourites, Browse to F:

Found bookmark.htm but get:

You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of this file or an administrator to obtain permission. The only option I get now is OK???

Longhouse 18:04 23 Jun 06

I normally just navigate to the favourites folder under windows in explorer and copy folder to disk, then transfer to other PC by saving to the same location in windows.

This will add to the existing "files" (which are internet shortcuts) to any other "files" already in the favourites folder.

Worked for me many times with Win ME & W98

pj123 18:18 23 Jun 06

Longhouse, will give that a try.

woodchip 18:22 23 Jun 06

In Windows Explorer, Go to the Windows Folder you will see favourites folder drag that onto a floppy disc. You should be able to get these by importing into another Browser just point it to the Floppy disc where the files are

Dipso 23:02 23 Jun 06

As you already have them on CD, I would just copy the file to the desktop, rather than pointing at the CD, then open IE Import Favourites, that should work.

pj123 10:16 24 Jun 06

Thanks all. Just tried it again but this time I saved it to a floppy disk instead of CD.

Worked perfectly.

Ticked.

pj123 14:48 09 Jul 06

Does this work if transferring from a PC running Win 98SE to a PC running Win XP please?

Or is it a different routine?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…