Transferring Files between 2 PC's ?

foxmulder 16:29 11 Jun 05

Hi there. I have two pc's that both have network cards installed and a length of network cable connecting the two pc's together. I have ADSL internet on one of the pcs but am not interested in sharing the net, just want a simple way to transfer files that are about 1gb in size between computers. Have connected up and run the wizards but neither computer is seeing the other, am I making any major errors?

howard60 16:54 11 Jun 05

both must be on the same network ie mshome. Check that both network cards are installed and working ie no yellow exclamation marks when looked at system.

howard60 16:55 11 Jun 05

also most important the connecting cable for 2 pcs direct connection must be a crossover cable not a normal patch cable.

De Marcus 17:02 11 Jun 05

make sure your firewall is configured to allow your other pc access

leo49 17:17 11 Jun 05
  TomJerry 17:41 11 Jun 05

it must be cat5e crossover cable, not normal Patch cable for peer to peer connection

foxmulder 18:15 11 Jun 05

I think that I have bought a simple Cat 5 cable that I used to use with my old router. I simply didn't know there was a difference between a Cat 5 cable and a crossover cable!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…