Transferring "Favourites" to another computer

Dobba 11:25 31 Jan 06

I'm thinking of changing my ISP but don't want to lose all my Favourites settings. How do I get a printout?

Sibbo 11:30 31 Jan 06

Why not just locate the Favorites folder on your PC via the search function and then just copy them onto floppy disc or CDR? You can then copy them into the Favorites folder on your new PC.

keith-236785 11:37 31 Jan 06

open IE, click file/import&export, click next, choose export favourites, then click favourites (not links or you just get the links, if you choose favourites then you get the links too), click next then choose the location to save to default is my documents. this creates a web page type list of your favourites which can be copied to your new computer by any means you like, or just printed out.

on your new computer, open IE, click File/import&export, click on import favourites, then point to the location of the earlier saved file (best on a floppy disk or USB Key) then follow the wizard through again to restore your favourites as they are now onto your new pc.

keith-236785 11:40 31 Jan 06

sorry, i read new pc, not new isp

still do the same but no need to use a floppy/usb key.

anyway, your favourites should remain when you change your isp, the isp only provides the connection, Windows provides your browser which contains the favourites.

best of luck, take a backup anyway as i explained in the other post, just to make sure.

Sapins 16:27 18 May 06

Just used your instructions to copy my Favourites to a new laptop, worked perfectly. thanks,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017