Transferring emails from old drive to new.

algernonymous 16:10 31 Aug 04

I've just added my old 10gb drive (now D:) to a new PC with 80gb HDD (C:), and I'd like to transfer all emails from D: to C:, however, I can't find them - if I go to D:/Program Files/Outlook Express, there's about 16 icons, but nothing that says to me 'here are your emails'! Help.

Eric10 16:29 31 Aug 04

Do a search for .dbx files. You don't say what your operating system is but from memory Win98 stores them in Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Outlook Express or similar. WinXP stores them in Documents and Settings\"username"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\"folder with a long string of characters"\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Outlook Express.

You can then copy these files to the outlook express folder in the same location on C: or alternatively, in Outlook Express you can go to Tools, Options, Maintenance tab, click the Store Folder button and select the folder on D: where you have found your emails.

Stuartli 17:06 31 Aug 04

There are also full details on importing and exporting e-mail files and address book in OE's Help pages.

algernonymous 22:47 31 Aug 04

dbx- that was it! Thanks a lot eric, all done.

jimv7 22:52 31 Aug 04

In outlook express, tools/options/store folder, you can change this to any destination you wish, another drive, my docs, and in future just save the email folder.

algernonymous 20:43 06 Sep 04

OK. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…