//some 3rd party need geo

Transferring Data

SusieWong 21:56 30 May 03

Hello help me please! I'm trying to transfer data from my laptop to PC. Bought a file xfer cable but computers can't seem 2 find each other. Is there a time limit on this? Used file xfer Wizard. Looked on messageboard 4 related subjects. Tried 2 find Windows Set Up on Add/Remove Programs- no trace. How can I find this? It's drivin me nuts! What am I doin wrong?

eccomputers 22:10 30 May 03

you say you bought a file transfer cable but what product is it? what is the software called?

SusieWong 22:39 30 May 03

It's a Belkin Direct Cable Connection, for file transfer. Does this help?

woodchip 22:48 30 May 03

crossover cable

SusieWong 22:48 30 May 03

Sorry I'm trying to do it on Windows XP File Transfer Wizard.

SusieWong 22:52 30 May 03

Hello Woodchip
Sorry u ave lost me. Am I doin sumthin wrong, ave I bought the wrong thing?

SusieWong 23:13 30 May 03

Hello
Can anybody help me?

go into the help and support in the start menu, type parallel into the search box, pick the task called "make a direct network connection using a directparallel cable" follow the instructions it gives and everything will flow wonderfully.

SusieWong 23:23 30 May 03

Thanx Horiz5. Unfortunately now disconnected 2 pooters. Willsave and try 2moro. Followed your destructions and printed so will try. Look out for messages 2moro. Will b well nuts by then! Thanx 4 yor help.

woodchip 23:51 30 May 03

If I had been you I would have bought a USB bridge Cable with software easy to setup and run that's what I use. You have bought a Crossover Cable I think and you have to go through a lot of rigamarole to set it up. A usb bridge cable is about £20 or less from a Comp Fair click here

woodchip 23:53 30 May 03

PS you load the software on both computers before plugging in, it then asks for the CD for Drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…