Transferring data.

Meshuga 17:48 13 Jun 04

I have a pc which is on win xp home and Ihave broadband using a sitecom adsl usb modem which works well.I have got a different pc that I want to use in place of the original,IE> there would only be one pc.Can I transfer the set up data for the modem from the original pc to the new one by means of a usb flash portable drive.I have tried it by transferring the folder containing the data which appeared on the new pc but showed as "read only" and would not work. Can anyone suggest anything I should look for that I might have overlooked. The reason for trying it is because installing it originally was a nightmare and even a profesional engineer had problems and I thought if it can be done it would save a headache. Meshuga.

wawadave 20:33 13 Jun 04

hello
right click on that read only data and choose properties.and change it to archive click ok.

Meshuga 21:11 13 Jun 04

Thank you wawadave,will try that. Regards Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…