Transferring from camcorder to DVD

kevin1967 09:48 16 Nov 05

I have a digital camcorder and a DVD R/W. I should be able to make DVD's from my DV tapes. However, what I ended up with was a pixelated DVD with no sound. The problem isn't with the DVD burn as I have copied DVD's (for back-up purposes) with no problems.

Is it because I used a USB connection as I was too tight to buy a firewire cable? My PC and my camcorder both have firewire connections. How much is a firewire cable? Does quality vary? I don't mind paying more if it's worth it.

What about the sound? Did I make an error on the "capture" screen? I used Ulead video studio 7, which is the software that came with the (not cheap) camcorder.

Many thanks,

kevin.

MichelleC 10:30 16 Nov 05

You do need a proper fw cable. Plus most dropped frame probs are due to background progs being on. It s best to turn off firewall, av and any others not essential.

fazer 12:26 16 Nov 05

MichelleC is right - you need to get yourself a firewire cable.

Two words of caution:Ensure you get the correct configured cable as camera's do differ in respect of their socket, and just as important, buy the shortest length you need.

badgery 14:57 16 Nov 05

have a look here - they are v helpful.
click here

phono 15:02 16 Nov 05

I'm with you on this one, a great company to deal with and very quick to respond to queries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…