transferring address book to new computer

Eileanbeag 10:43 AM 15 Jun 11

Where are my contacts stored and is there any easy way to transfer them to a new computer. Any help appreciated.

mgmcc 10:59 AM 15 Jun 11

I suspect the answer depends on which version of Windows you're transferring your contacts "from" and which version you're transferring them "to".

Woolwell 11:15 AM 15 Jun 11

And whether you are using Outlook Express or Outlook and which e-mail client you are moving them to.

Eileanbeag 11:19 AM 15 Jun 11

I am using Windows 7 and Windows Live and transfering to Windows 7 and hoped to transfer to Microsoft Outlook instead of Windows Live unless this would cause a problem

Woolwell 11:33 AM 15 Jun 11

Export as a csv file, save to memory stick and import into Outlook. You may come across some contact formatting problems though. See Export contacts. It may be slightly different if it is hotmail.

Woolwell 11:35 AM 15 Jun 11

I don't use Windows 7 but Windows Easy Transfer may be worthwhile exploring Easy Transfer. Others will be better placed to advise.

Eileanbeag 12:08 PM 15 Jun 11

Many thanks - job done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016