transfering vynil to hard drive

mikefromp1 22:07 19 Sep 05

what is the feasibility of transfering vynil recordings to my hard drive. I use XP. What I'm looking for is an application that will allow me to edit an audio file.

MikeP.

stalion 22:23 19 Sep 05
  buckeye 22:40 19 Sep 05

Magix audio cleaning lab..is the one for u.It will allow editing , cleaning and at the end of it all you can convert your stuff to Mp3 or wma.
I have used it to clean up the old scratchy vinyl scores of times and I,m quite happy.

conrail 22:43 19 Sep 05

I use audio cleaning lab, click here, you will need a turntable with built in amp, I got mine from maplins

PC Bilbo 23:39 19 Sep 05

I had a load of old jazz records on 78's and just used a turntable connected via a preamp (£25 from Maplin a year ago) into my computer.The only other expense was for male/female jack skt adapters.

For software I use Pinnacle Steinberg Clean which can remove a lot of the hiss and crackle etc.Have heard reasonable reports of Magix also but have'nt used myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…