transfering vinal records to pc

Madrat 00:56 26 Jun 03

Hi

Can some one tell me in plain siple terms what i need to transfer my record colection onto my pc and how to do it.

Thanks

Ian

daba 01:04 26 Jun 03

I got some acclaim for this post, so read on...

click here

billyliv 01:10 26 Jun 03

Hi, You need a record, a turntable, a cable that will connect your turntable to the line in port on your PC. (If you dont have 'Audio Connectors' on your tuntable you will have to use the 'MIC' port. You also need a software program that will transfer your output, (Music or whatever) onto your hard drive, (Be it permanent or temporary). Thats about as simple (And I really hate that word in computing terms) as I can make it. Cheers, Bill

daba 01:21 26 Jun 03

most turntables wont work if connected to 'line-in'.

read my posts.

you need a pre-amp to boost the low-level signal to that required by 'line-in'

Aiwa turntables have a built-in pre-amp to boost signal to 'line-in' requirements, others don't.

signals from record deck pick-ups are very low level (<5 mV) and require pre-amplification to achieve the 100mV signal required for 'line-in'.

connecting to 'mic in' would be better, but not much, as a mic still has a low level siganl.

Madrat 01:25 26 Jun 03

thank for the help will get right on it

daba 02:23 12 Jul 03

any success ?

need more info ?

i'll help if i can

daba 02:34 12 Jul 03

I've posted a lot of positive thoughts on the use of MusicMatch Jukebox (use Search)

Does anyone else use it ?

Is there anything else as good or better ?

MM JB does it all for me, so I havn't tried, or needed to look for, anything else, but would welcome some feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…