Transfering vhs video to cd.

James xp 17:01 06 Sep 03

Hi everyone. We are wanting to transfer our collection of home videos to cd. has anyone got experience of doing the same. We need to know how to do it and what equipment would be needed. Also, what sort of quality should we expect on vcd compared to vhs.

Carol & Jim R

bremner 17:08 06 Sep 03

As I type I am doing what you talk about.

I bought a Pinnacle Lynx USB cable (£30) which connects to the VHS. The Pinnacle Studio 8 software that came with it captures the video and lets you edit out the bits you don't want. This can then be saved as mpeg files. This can then be written to CD's in VCD or SVCD format. This is nowhere near the quality of DVD and with the price of DVD burners dropping all the time this is fast becoming VFM.

There are other ways of acheiving what you want but they all involve having a device to capture the video and software to edit and burn the created files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…