Transfering VHS tapes to DVD

Dinkybutface 09:51 05 Dec 04

Does anyone know of software to use to transfer kids videos/disney etc to dvd

jbaker65 11:09 05 Dec 04

If you have a spare pci slot on your motherboard,I use and recommend 'Avermedia DVDezmaker gold' With this you can connect your vhs recorder to your computer (note that sound is connected to your audio in socket) and with the software supplied with the pci card (NeoDVD plus) you can capture your tapes and then burn them to DVD using any of the DVD burning programs.

Dinkybutface 12:04 05 Dec 04

Ive had a very helpful answer from JBaker(thank you)but i wonder if there is more of a: plug and play:! solution as i,m not too confident about opening up my computer,thanks for any advise

Baslla321 12:16 05 Dec 04

Maybe this is good. Try
click here

sicknote 12:39 05 Dec 04

How about this click here , install software plug one USB into PC and the other into video.

Nelmon2k 12:39 05 Dec 04

Try this. click here
Its a USB plug and play. It comes with pinniacle as well with it.

pj123 12:52 05 Dec 04

Or even this. click here

I use the Dazzle Fusion USB unit. I am at present transferring all my Beta tapes over to DVD. Not had any problems so far.

My unit came with Pinnacle Studio 8 but it could possibly be packaged with Studio 9 by now.

pj123 13:02 05 Dec 04

Also, mean't to add. Just type in "vhs to DVD" in the search box. There are at least 20 previous threads on this subject where you can get a lot more info.

bretsky 13:08 05 Dec 04

Bookmarked.

bretsky ;0)

€dstowe 13:49 05 Dec 04

I'm not going into the moral/legal aspects of doing this but you may find that a lot of the software to enable you to do this sort of thing will prevent you processing copy protected (Macrovision) video tapes.

pj123 14:05 05 Dec 04

Yes, as €dstowe has pointed out. If the VHS tapes are commercial they will have protection on them and you may not be able to copy them.

The Beta tapes I am transferring to DVD have been recorded "off air" and although it is still subject to copyright it has been accepted, otherwise why do we have VCRs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…