transfering sound file to mobile were is it

toni b 02:45 09 Sep 03

I have been trying to tranfers sound files to my ericsson t300 It seems that the file transfer is successful (confirmation via laptop software and also phone states it's recieving files) but I have searched on the phone and am unable to find sound file.I am using the lastest version of software from sonyericsson -not the most user friendly interface and i am extremely baffled as to were file is stored on phone.I have searched the forum but have not been successful any ideas please

regards Toni

tomhealy 08:59 09 Sep 03

Doesn't it store it in the 'My Sounds' folder which is found in the 'Fun and Games' section?

toni b 13:26 09 Sep 03

No I have looked there and there is nothing to make it easier to find have a deleted all stored sound and picture files and even tried sending a picture jpg. file but still no joy.

Regards Toni

tomhealy 13:49 09 Sep 03

What file type are you sending?

I've had no problems sending .midi files which go straight to 'My Sounds'

toni b 16:55 09 Sep 03

I have tried transfering sound file it is 383kb in size.no luck i have tried jpg nothing i have made the file in to a wav file then mss software from ericsson tranfers it into the correct file format.midi format I think so I do not no what to do

tomhealy 19:49 09 Sep 03

I'm not sure but i think the largest midi files i have on my phone are about 50kb. I don't think the phone has enough memory for a file that size.

toni b 00:15 10 Sep 03

Ok i have now managed to delete all preinstalled files that were included with the phone such as sounds and themes. I can tranfer images up to 400kb in size and i have found them in phone this was my intial problem solved but I am unable to tranfer sound files to phone as I wish to customise my ring tone does any one now any suitable freeware that will do this via infrared as I dont think the sonyericsson software is working reliable ( behaves strangely sometimes)

regards Toni

tomhealy 08:43 10 Sep 03

I don't know of any freeware program. Does the computer not give you the option to transfer files to (what it believes is) a new computer (your t300) when connected via infrared?

That's all i use with the usb infrared device i got from carphone warehouse. I've transferred about 50 ringtones and themes this way.

I could only ever seem to get the Sony Ericsson software working once in a blue moon!

You could try asking the guys at the site below for advice as they seem to be more expert than I am.

click here

Let me know how you get on.

Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…