Transfering required suitable programmes.

spuds 12:25 15 Feb 03

I intend to give my computer a good clean-up, and dispose of a number of non used programmes.This may include fitting a new larger capacity hard drive. I would like to retain some of the more important programmes on my machine, and I have a cover disk Drive Image 4.0 available.Could I use this disk, for obtaining good and easy process transfer results.I also have a CD burner available for possible back-up.I want to go about this the simplest way, but knowing myself, I will most likely cause something to go wrong, on this first attempt of this kind.All and any help/advice, as usual,will be gladly appreciated.Should mention that I am running WME.

howard60 12:46 15 Feb 03

and make sure you have the cd's of the progs you wish to reinstall and serial numbers for them. Then just fit your new drive and install windows then run the motherboard cd to set up the required info. then install your progs and lastly stick on your data. If you get a reasonably sized hdd you could partition it. I have a 60GB drive partitioned into 3 x 20's with ME on the C: drive my data on the D: and XP on the E: this seems to be a good setup. good luck

spuds 18:43 15 Feb 03

<..>

spuds 13:14 16 Feb 03

<..>

pj123 17:10 16 Feb 03

Check out this previous thread.
click here

spuds 17:42 16 Feb 03

Cheers howard60-pj123 for info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…