//some 3rd party need geo

transfering programmes

lignum vitae 08:40 06 Jul 04

I have a new computer and would like to transfer a progamme from the old computer.Could anyone explain how this is done.
Many Thanks

jack 08:50 06 Jul 04

From computer to computer, possibly not possible in a simple context.
When a program is loaded into a machine from CD or download from the Web various elements place themselvres in different areas of 'C' drive
Registery/programfolder' etc., some as 'hidden files'
Trying to gather all these elments together is not an altogether easy task - impossible some would say, though I dare say someone somewhere
will say 'I did'
j

lignum vitae 17:57 06 Jul 04

Thanks for that Jack .The reason I ask is that the programme I want to transfer is "Breezebrowser" and I have been advised by Breezebrowser and I quote...(You can either copy Breezebrowser from one machine to another or download the latest version direct from our website).I thought I might try machine to machine.

lignum vitae 17:57 06 Jul 04

Thanks for that Jack .The reason I ask is that the programme I want to transfer is "Breezebrowser" and I have been advised by Breezebrowser and I quote...(You can either copy Breezebrowser from one machine to another or download the latest version direct from our website).I thought I might try machine to machine.

jack 09:55 07 Jul 04

As another thought
with a simple bit of kit you can transfer wole drives contents machine to machine.
So as a tryer you could tranfer old to new COMPLETE , then edit/uninstall all that you do not wish to keep.

expertec 09:56 07 Jul 04

I would re-download and fresh install ;-0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…