Transfering pictures from PC to SD Memory Card ?

Antonio Machado 23:32 07 Jan 09

Hola amigos expertos !

My brother regaled me a nice gift this Christmas, it is a Philips Digital Photo Frame, 8", LCD, and I have hundreds of pictures in my PC that I want to transfer to it. I read in the Manual that it accepts SD (Secure Digital) Memory Card, so my two questions for you are (a) how do I transfer them from my PC to the SD Memory Card ? I have still several empty USB outlets at the back of my console so I guess I would use one of those, but what do I need ? is just a cable ? or a gadget I don't know ? what should I look for ? and the second question is (b) which brand and capacity you guys recommend me for storage let's say 100 or 200 pictures ? I always take my pictures at the top resolution (3072) I know that is a factor when considering the capacity of any Memory Card.

So please help me amigos, thank you in advance, best, Antonio.

MAJ 23:41 07 Jan 09

If your PC doesn't have a builtin card reader, buy one that supports the frame's card (SD), something like this for example. click here You can get less expensive models but you get the idea. Then with the reader plugged into a USB port on your computer and the SD card plugged into the card reader, drag your pictures to it in Explorer.

Antonio Machado 23:49 07 Jan 09

MAJ 23:54 07 Jan 09

As to what size of SD card to buy (you should have one supplied with the frame). If your pictures are 5MB in size, then a 1GB card will hold 200 pictures.

MAJ 23:58 07 Jan 09

Forgot to say....... if your frame has a USB connection and came with a USB cable, you should be able to plug the frame directly in to your PC and drag the pictures to it that way, assuming you have the SD card plugged into the frame.

Antonio Machado 00:40 09 Jan 09

My expert friends !

Just to tell each one of you guys thank you very much. After listening your advices I got a good Sony SD card reader today (17 in 1). Best, Antonio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video