Transfering photos from PC to disc

furbie96 17:18 11 Nov 05

I don't know how to transfer photos off my PC onto a disc! When i have tried to copy onto a new disc it is saying writ protected!! I am using Windows XP.

DieSse 17:22 11 Nov 05

What kind of disk? - CD, DVD, Floppy, Hard drive ??

furbie96 17:42 11 Nov 05

CDR

Diemmess 18:07 11 Nov 05

Not using XP I'm clueless about what burning facilities are built-in to XP.
In principle, if you want to copy by dragging and dropping you need different software from the older idea of assembling a list of files and then burning them to a CDR.

If you added your burner to your computer then there will be stand alone software like Nero or the Roxio product which will take you through this. In any case, have a look in your help files for a wizard on how to transfer those files.

jack 08:57 12 Nov 05

Assuming you are using XP then do the following
Go to My computer click help far right on the top tool bar. In the field type burning CD's take it from there
XP had a basic burning routine.
This is assuming your computer is equiped with a CD Burning drive- Has it got such a thing?

Moving on- a very effient burning program is rfree down load do a oogle for CDBurnerXPPro3

Desperate-Dan 15:10 12 Nov 05

Go into my pictures you should see under files and folder tasks (copy to cd), click on the picture if want more than one hold down the CTRL key and click on all the pictures you want to copy then click on copy to cd

furbie96 12:43 13 Nov 05

Done the above and a Instantwrite box comes up saying An error occured while formating the medium!!!
I presume we can download ours photos as we can downlaod music!!

Diemmess 17:23 13 Nov 05

<Formatting the medium>... is a first requirement if you are using CDRW disks (rewritable disks).

If I'm correct then all you are doing is wasting ordinary CDR (write only disks)

Look in Help and see if you can find a Wizard that will take you through setting up your burner and copying data to a writable rather than a rewritable blank CD.

(Your burner may be able to Rewrite as well as Write to disks, but it is important to use the right type of disk with the right settings chosen at the beginng.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…