transfering photos to laptop

sarahlouise 21:51 02 May 07

Hello, I now this is really basic, but any help would be great! I have a new Acer laptop with Vista basic OS. It has a slot for an SD card. Is this the slot where I put the card from my digital camera??! If it is, how do i view the photos? I tried clicking on 'computer' and then D drive, but nothing there!

Kate B 22:07 02 May 07

Yes, if your camera takes an SD card, though I'd imagine that if it has that slot it will have slots for others including Sony's Memory Stick etc. Just stick the card in the slot and Vista will open a window asking what you want to do. I'd suggest allowing it to import the pictures into Windows Photo Gallery. And don't forget to back up your pictures.

Graham. 09:15 03 May 07

'D' is usually the CD/DVD drive. See if any other drives show in My Computer.

jack 11:06 03 May 07

Should this [as in XP] as soon as the card inserted a window comes up asking what you wish to do with the contents of the card .
The 'default' answer is save to 'My pictures' although you can set up another folder if you wish.
Having done that you can go to 'my pictures' and look at thumbnails - Go to view and click on Thumbnails.
I am assuming of course that Vista, is the same basic
geometry as its predecessors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…