transfering photographs

hawko 18:25 20 May 05

I have bought a new base unit and want to transfer photographs from the old base unit.Can anyone help?

Technotiger 18:32 20 May 05

Hi, I am not knowledgable enough to explain the techie bits, but I would guess that probably the best way would be to add the old hard-drive as a slave to the new hard-drive, and then transfer whatever you want direct.

No doubt someone else will come on and put you right.

Cheers.

Diemmess 18:35 20 May 05

Go on ..... spoil yourself and buy a USB pen drive and do it that way without a screw driver.

The obvious way is to burn several CDs and collect the pics from those into the new box.

The cheapest way but probably the most awful long way round is to "hang" your old HD as a slave on the new base and copy across.

Eric10 18:54 20 May 05

You could temporarily disconnect the power and ribbon cables from the CD/DVD drive in your new base unit and plug the old hard drive in it's place. So long as there aren't other drives on this channel it will normally be the Master on the Secondary IDE channel and you won't need to mess about setting Master/Slave jumpers on the drive. You will then be able to access the old drive and copy across anything you like. So long as you are careful to support the drive on something and avoid any possibility of short circuits to its electronics you don't need to actually install it.

Of course, if you take the advice offered by Diemmess, the Pen Drive will continue to be useful long after this job is done.

Dorsai 19:12 20 May 05

bump

Buchan 35 22:53 20 May 05

I`d be interested to know what successful method you used. All part of this forum.

Mr Pres 22:57 20 May 05

On the other hand - just Tick and Go.

lotvic 23:10 20 May 05

maybe hawko hasn't realised that you have to post your comments first and then go back to do the green tick and post that as well.

Mr Pres 23:18 20 May 05

Maybe hawko doesn't realise that you can also post comments AFTER ticking, either.

lotvic 00:02 22 May 05

:)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…