Transfering microsoft off ice to another PC.

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 17:42 08 Mar 06

Hello all,
I have given my brother my old PC, however it is a pentium 1 and I recon about to give up the ghost, however a mate of his has given him a pentium 2, that is much better than the one that I gave him.

Anyway the pentium 2 has windows XP installed (Pentium 1 has Windows 98), but has no office..word, exel, powerpoint....etc, but the Pentium 1 does.....Can I transfer the stuff from the pentium 1 to the pentium 2?

Diemmess 17:47 08 Mar 06

No, copying does not integrate the applications with Windows on another machine.

Rigga 17:52 08 Mar 06

As long as you have the original installation disks, and remove it from the old machine, before you install on the new machine. It should work.

HTH.R.

SG Atlantis® 17:52 08 Mar 06

open office?

Ok here is another 'solution'.

Is it worth buying microsoft office 2003 on ebay???.....:@) (Or any other office ?

SG Atlantis® 18:28 08 Mar 06

"Or any other office ?"

As I suggested in an earlier post... open office.

It's a full office suite and is F.R.E.E.
click here

link did not work in 1st post, however will now keep this thread, and when he is on line he can do it himself.
Cheers Again

This site never fails to impress me....:@)

SG Atlantis® 18:35 08 Mar 06

The latest dvd edition of PCAdvisor has it on it, no need to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…