transfering files,settings etc from old PC to new

comicalali 20:33 09 Jul 03

How can I transfer files ,settings address book, e-mails (programmes?)from my old PC to my new PC. The old PC has floppy and DVD drive but no burner.

-pops- 21:16 09 Jul 03

If your new machine has XP, look in Help & Support for the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard. All information is there for a very easy way to do this.

BillEmm 21:22 09 Jul 03

If you have USB on both machines then there are many USB to USB transfer programs - just enter '"pc to pc" usb transfer' in Google.

On the other hand there is the good old parallel port to parallel port option:

click here

for starters.

I'm assuming that you are not keen on the floppy transfer methods.

comicalali 21:35 09 Jul 03

Cheers for the response to the above. I have Xp can I transfer programmes, such as pagemaker, publisher stuff like that.

VoG II 21:38 09 Jul 03

No you can't simply transfer programs like that since they make entries in the registry. You will need to install these on your new 'puter. You can transfer your e-mails, documents and certain settings as -pops- advised.

VoG II 21:43 09 Jul 03

More info click here and click here

Plus, if you want to be squeaky clean, you should uninstall Publisher etc. from your old machine before selling it on.

comicalali 22:00 09 Jul 03

VoG,BillEmm,-pops-many thanks I think I now know what to do.
Cheers Comicalali

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…