Transfering a file too floppy or disc

swanny3 11:11 04 Oct 04

i have 2 pc,s 1 connected too the net the other not.now i play snooker online and im wondering if an how i can put the snooker file onto a floppy or cd so i can transfer it too me sons pc so he can practice on it .ive no idea how i go about this any 1 help plz..

ty.. swanny.

Baslla321 11:23 04 Oct 04

just right click on the file and select 'Send to' and then click on either 'floppy disk' (A) or DVD drive (D)

Stuartli 11:29 04 Oct 04

Make sure that the file you wish to transfer is smaller than 1.44MB if you use a floppy.

swanny3 12:57 04 Oct 04

ok ty .. the size of the file is 925kb i put the new floppy in and it said do uwant 2 format? i clicked yes then it says the disk in drive a cannot be formatted.hmm no idea lol sorry ..i right clicked on the file an sent too,as well .

JonnyTub 13:00 04 Oct 04

make sure you move the write protect tab on the floppy drive's underside (top left corner) down to cover the hole. this will make it writeable

swanny3 13:35 04 Oct 04

ok mate the hole was covered its a new floppy now its sayin..
you cannot do a quick format because the disc is not formated its capacity does not match or there is no disk in the drive click ok too perform a full format using the capacity u specified.?
also ... windows could not format the disc either the selected capacity is not valid or this disk or the disk is damaged and may need too be replaced.
im lost mate .lol sorry ...

JonnyTub 13:36 04 Oct 04

change the size from the drop down box to 1.44mb

JonnyTub 13:37 04 Oct 04

try another floppy just incase it's a dud.

JonnyTub 13:52 04 Oct 04

also don't tick quick format

swanny3 15:07 04 Oct 04

ok i put new 1 in clicked no too format found me file in search for folders an clicked on send too floppy . is that it will it be on there now.

JonnyTub 15:19 04 Oct 04

MOST FLOPPY DISKS COME PRE-FORMATTED, AS FOR THE FILE BEING THERE, HAVE A LOOK, DOUBLE CLICK ON THE FLOPPY DRIVE A in my computer, damn caps lock!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…