Transfering data to new PC

JOHN S 20:16 20 Oct 03

Hi

I am getting a new Pc and my son is having my old one what I would like to know is how to save all the data like internet explorer dial up etc.,
I have a CD writer & Nero and was hoping to put the data on to cd's

John S

R4 20:35 20 Oct 03

To save all your data you could copy fron HD to CD using 'backitup' (Nero) or Norton Ghost.

if you do not have much actual data and you just want your configuration of IE dialup etc it would be quicker to make a note of the configuration and redo them on your new PC by hand as the new PC should have all the latest software !! and drivers on it that just need setting up.

Dial up may require 'installing' if it is ADSL.

Newuser1200 20:54 20 Oct 03

Why not try temporary transfer of the hard disk from the old PC to the new, designating it as slave and then drag and drop? It really depends how easy it is for you to burn CDs as the transfer medium and how much data you have. I have rather too much for CDs and only have the burner on the new PC anyway. Good luck!

BarryL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…