transfering camcorder/vhs tapes to dvd using usb2

itan 08:25 06 Jul 05

I have several 8mm camcorder tapes that I am trying to save to dvd.
The camcorder only has a/v outputs and, because my H.P. Pavilion A708 computer is only a few months old,I dont want to start opening it up to fit a video capture card.
What I am looking for is a reasonably priced(£50-£100)unit that will reliably accept video/audio input and plug into the usb2 port on the computer.
If there is anyone out there that has found such a beast can they please let me know.
Heres hoping.
Dave.

scotty 08:42 06 Jul 05

I have no personal experience of the product but this sounds like it fits the bill - click here=

john-231489 08:53 06 Jul 05

Hi Itan. If you type "video capture" in the search box on the left there is a whole swathe of information regarding your query. I don't know about the Dazzle 90 which Scotty suggests but in my ignorance some ago I bought the Dazzle 80 and it is the biggest waste of money I have spent. I would suggest that you do a lot of research and know exactly what you want by way of results before you part with any cash. You can aslo try click here which provides a vast amount of help. Good look

john-231489 08:54 06 Jul 05

Hi Itan. If you type "video capture" in the search box on the left there is a whole swathe of information regarding your query. I don't know about the Dazzle 90 which Scotty suggests but in my ignorance some ago I bought the Dazzle 80 and it is the biggest waste of money I have spent. I would suggest that you do a lot of research and know exactly what you want by way of results before you part with any cash. You can aslo try click here which provides a vast amount of help. Good look

john-231489 08:55 06 Jul 05

Hi Itan. If you type "video capture" in the search box on the left there is a whole swathe of information regarding your query. I don't know about the Dazzle 90 which Scotty suggests but in my ignorance some ago I bought the Dazzle 80 and it is the biggest waste of money I have spent. I would suggest that you do a lot of research and know exactly what you want by way of results before you part with any cash. You can also try click here which provides a vast amount of help. Good look

john-231489 08:55 06 Jul 05

Hi Itan. If you type "video capture" in the search box on the left there is a whole swathe of information regarding your query. I don't know about the Dazzle 90 which Scotty suggests but in my ignorance some ago I bought the Dazzle 80 and it is the biggest waste of money I have spent. I would suggest that you do a lot of research and know exactly what you want by way of results before you part with any cash. You can also try click here which provides a vast amount of help. Good look

john-231489 08:58 06 Jul 05

Sorry about the four posts for some reason my machine froze whist transmitting. Probably the Dazzle 80 threw something at it!!!

Bagsey 10:39 06 Jul 05

I have tried several capture cards over the years and have found that they are almost always quirky in their opperation. Also your reluctance to open up a new computer is understandable. The plug in gizmos like dazzle are in my opinion second rate kit. The obvious answer if you are making straight copies without editing is to get a stand alone DVD recorder. Not cheap but will do all you need without resorting to capture cards etc. Another path is to do as I have done and that is upgrade my Hi8 camera to a digital video camera which has analogue in and out and digital in and out. Thios I use as a pass through converter for my old Hi8 videos that I want to edit, work on or just save as dvd. I am not sure of the present day cost of this move as I did it some years ago and prices have fallen considerably in that time.

pj123 10:49 06 Jul 05

I have and use the Dazzle Fusion USB unit. I have no problems with it except: It comes with Pinnacle Stuio 8 which is not very good (it has sound sync problems) so I now use Sonic MyDVD with no problems at all.

Dazzle Fusion from: click here

claluc 15:08 06 Jul 05

I had the same requirement and found something called USB video capture which does not produce DVD but VCDs ( can be read on basically all DVD players) at a cost of just below £50.00 (PC World).
Very straight forward to connect,nothing to touch inside your case,just a tiny external box with video/audio in and USB out.
Software a little temperamental to install and not really easy to get around with but once setup it does exactly what you want, actually you can copy from any analogue/digital source with an A/V output and also allows video/sound editing.
Only think you will need is a lot of patience as the copying speed is obviously ruled by the camcorder tape duration.
Hope it helps.

itan 20:41 06 Jul 05

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY QUERY THE INFO YOU GAVE ME HAS HELPED ME A LOT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…