Transfering AOL broadband to new address

FatboySlim71 09:33 12 May 07

I am in the process of moving house, I am on AOL broadband.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long the transfer usually takes, just so as i have an idea when i will be back online. I will be moving back into my parents house, my parents phone line has never had broadband on it before. Any replies would be appriciated.

johnnyrocker 09:57 12 May 07

best bet contact your provider as not all cicumstances are the same with plenty of variations.

johnny.

FatboySlim71 10:00 12 May 07

Thanks johnny,
I had thought of that, but I just wondered if anyone had any real world experiances of how long the process took. Thanks again johnny.

FatboySlim71 11:05 12 May 07

bump

FatboySlim71 16:34 12 May 07

bump

SB23 16:55 12 May 07

When we moved back to South Wales, it was done sooner than they said.
I had contacted them to inform them of the move. Once I knew my new phone number I rang them again to give them the new number. At that point I was told that the pc internal modem would continue to work at the new address (which it did). A few days later I was back on Silver.
In all, once we had moved, Silver was back on in about a week, but I was so busy getting the rest of the house liveable, it didn't really matter.

Aol were brilliant.

Steve

FatboySlim71 22:16 12 May 07

SB23
Thanks for replying, your help has been much appreciated. Thanks again.

wishtobwireless 09:55 13 May 07

We tried this at work!
BT mucked up on the line - we have been waiting two months, we are now on dial up...
We have decided to to finish with AOL and take out new contract with BT broadband it just seems simpler!
The problem was BT were blaming AOL and vice versa! Official time is 10 days by the way....

FatboySlim71 15:38 21 May 07

Sorry for the delay but I have just got moved in. Just to update, AOL told me when I telephoned them that it can take up to 20 days, this was last monday, I have just set my computer up now and as you can see I am back online. thank you all very much for the replies it has been much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced