Transfer Windows

Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop that came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (OEM). I have done a Clean install of Windows 7 and no longer need Windows Vista. My Friend now needs an OS for his PC. Could I install Vista without encountering any activation issues?

Thanks in Advance

VoG II 17:02 23 Dec 10

An OEM version of Windows belongs only to the PC it was originally installed on.

GaT7 17:06 23 Dec 10

VoG is right unfortunately.

It's usually tied to the motherboard it was originally installed on - so if you were using a desktop as well & transferred the motherboard too, you may have well gotten away with it. G

What if you are not using the Vista Lience anymore?

GaT7 17:09 23 Dec 10

Even then you cannot - technically that would be illegal (assuming it worked). G

Is there anywhere were I can buy Vista for cheap.

GaT7 17:30 23 Dec 10

If your friend is a student (or has children who live with him are), he can buy Win7 at drastically discounted rates via click here - they start at under £40 click here. Read FAQs before buying click here. Official MS info click here, click here. This MS link click here mentions the software4students site so you know it's legit.

Another place I can think of is new/secondhand from eBay. Don't buy OEM (only full retail) if it has been used previously for the reasons discussed above.

Or, from online forums that allow trading (buying & selling), like the AV Forums click here (only retail software allowed). You'll need to register & start a fresh 'Wanted' thread in the 'Computer Classified Adverts' section. Once you log in, other members trading score (like eBay) will be visible to you. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…