Transfer whole program to new computer

kimtrnc 06:08 27 Mar 07

Just acquired new computer - yes, working well,thanks, but have now discovered that several of my purchased software program disks have disappeared whilst moving. Anyone tell me an easy way to transfer these? Years ago I had a program which would do exactly that, but can't now recall the name of it. (PS Tried Windows transfer wizard - wouldn't even let me read the new file that it produced. AND wiped most of the original settings from the old computer!!)
~TIA Kim

skidzy 06:40 27 Mar 07

If the old drive has been wiped it is highly unlikely you will be able to save the programs unless you can download the software again and contact the makers.They be able to issue another product key.
But if you bought these from the shops,i doubt you will get the key online.

Your old programs would have regestry entries all over the system,therefore not allowing a straight copy,though if you cloned the drive...you may get something back.

Acronis True Image would be your best bet.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…