Transfer Wanadoo email files to Outlook 2003

Xavier 14:00 06 Jan 07

I am trying to help a friend transfer his email files from his old XP PC to a new XP (pro) PC.
He used to use Wanadoo/Orange webmail to receive his emails, and has them saved, but I don't know where - on his PC or the Orange Webmail server. Is there any way I can locate them and move them into Outlook, which will become his email prog from now on.
Many thanks for any help.

Technotiger 14:07 06 Jan 07

Not sure if this is what you want, but it is a start ...

click here

Technotiger 14:08 06 Jan 07

or this ...

click here

Xavier 11:47 07 Jan 07

Many thanks for your reply.
I really need to back-up the Wanadoo/Orange webmail, which I can not find cached/filed/stored.
My only method would seem to be to forward all the stored Wanadoo mail to the new PC, and then to open it in Outlook. This just looks a long way round!
Never mind - have a nice day.

Woolwell 13:09 07 Jan 07

What program is he using to view e-mails on his old PC? Outlook Express, Outlook or just webmail?

Xavier 18:28 08 Jan 07

Wanadoo/Orange Webmail.
I think the emails must be stored on their server, because I can not find a trace of them on his old PC, also they are still available on the new PC via webmail. I would like to find a nice way to 'move' them to the new PC, so that I can save them in Outlook 2003, which will then become his email program of choice.

Woolwell 18:58 08 Jan 07

If he is using webmail ie accessing his e-mail through IE6/7 or Firefox and from the Orange webmail page then the e-mails stay on the server until they are deleted.
If he is using Outlook or Outlook Express then they are downloaded to the PC unless "remain on server" box is ticked.
You should be able to set up an e-mail account on Outlook and they will then be downloaded unless it is a fsnet address which is really webmail only.

Settings for Outlook are available on the Orange website. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now