//some 3rd party need geo

Transfer vinyl records to cd?

Bayern 10:57 02 May 04

Running Sony PCV-RS226 with CD and DVD, I wish to record to CD via turntable vinyl records,
untertain a) if possible or b) how to hook up.
Ideas welcome.

Thanks

Bayern

pj123 11:33 02 May 04

Loads of previous threads on this subject. Try this one to start with. click here

Kalb 12:22 02 May 04

How far have you got ?...I found these two links particularly helpful click here & click here
You'll find you cannot link the turntable direct to the PC, must go via an amplifier. I use my HiFi amplifier with turntable connected as usual and connect amplifier to PC using the tape connections on the amp and the line in connection on the PC soundcard...problem is you need a Y connector...custom phono to 3.5mm jack cable.. I picked one up in a kit sold by PCW for connecting your PC to the Television set, so give them a try

billy 16:10 02 May 04

I bought a program called Clean 4.0. There were two version, and mine had the pre-map. You connect your deck tot he pre-map and the pre-amp intot he line-in scoket on your PC. Instructions were poor but the interface was intuitive and I transferred a few vinyl to CD. Clean will get rid of hiss and clicks. you can customise this but it has an auto setting that is all I have used. i would reccomend it, but it does take a fair amount of time to do - get teh volume setting right - set up deck, play vinyl, clean, recored CD - 2 hours

Bayern 18:27 02 May 04

Many thanks for all the advice, now sorted.

Much appreciated

Bayern

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…