Transfer VHS to DVD

Hetti 08:59 AM 24 Jul 11

We have a few VHS tapes we have bought over the years and wanted to try to transfer them to DVD if its not to complicated or expensive. We have a combined VHS/DVD player, we also have a separate DVD recorder.

I will see what is entailed when I get reply's then device if we are capable of carrying it out.

eedcam 09:20 AM 24 Jul 11

Hi its pretty straight forward you could use either recorder .The seperate one you will need to connect leads to but will probably give more control and/or quality.If you use your combi then remember its general to only transfer 2hours of tape to 1 dvd disc set to standard play. You can put more on but at a cost of quality . You need to ensure your recorder is set to do dvd Video (check user manual) and that the disc is finalised . Its the same with the seperate recoder you can probably just go scart to scart between them . Once on dvd then you are home and dry only minutes to get them on the PC and edit if required.Dont throw your tapes away as they will probably last longer than the DVD's

eedcam 09:23 AM 24 Jul 11

Oh and use a reliable Brand of dvd something like Verbatim and -R the most commonly used

Hetti 09:58 AM 24 Jul 11

Thanks eedcam

Seems straightforward even to me lol,is a DVD-R suitable?

David4637 16:03 PM 24 Jul 11

DVD -R is NOT reuseable. Use a DVD -RW (Reuseable) to start with, then if the DVD works OK, then copy that one to a DVD-R direct, then use DVD-R (s) for ever more. David

Hetti 18:46 PM 24 Jul 11

Thanks guys will try tomorrow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know