Transfer of screen to LCD TV

edwinwhalley 07:43 14 Nov 06

I have a new MCE setup
How do I Transfer PC monitor screen to TV
TV has S-video, HDMI & DVI connections
MERCURY

FreeCell 11:48 14 Nov 06

Depends on the outputs from your PC graphics card. If it has a DVI connector then you just connect PC to TV via a DVI cable.

If there is no DVI output from your graphics card then it will have VGA D-sub output and your TV either needs a D-sub input, which many have, or you need a special adaptor click here
If you go for an adaptor make sure that its the rightway round male/female for your needs.

In addition you will need to connect the sound output from the PC to the TV if you want to play DVDs, games etc. The DVI or VGA is graphics only

edwinwhalley 16:20 14 Nov 06

Thanks Mr Freecell for response
The MCE unit will communicate with the TV
I have both a Svideo & Dvi Linking Cables PC/LCDTV
I can get a screen saver pic on PC & TV but no desk top icons are cloned to the TV
I would like to Clone to TV using wire free K/board for Pgms etc since I am disabled

FreeCell 19:38 14 Nov 06

If you can get a screen saver picture on the TV that's good. Couple of other questions then to clarify your set-up.

What PC are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Are you using the TV as a replacement for a PC monitor or using as well as, i.e as two monitors?

There may be a simple thing of getting the right display settings. When on the desktop (assuming you can see it) right mouse click and select "Properties". Look for a tab at the top of the box shown named "Settings". What are the settings that you have?

edwinwhalley 16:19 21 Nov 06

I can get PC to TV ok Thanks a million
Computer to TV works fine with WinTv but Media Centre to monitor or TV brings up an Error:
Video Decoder malfunction or missing--------
Dell Less than helpful
Eddie

FreeCell 16:03 22 Nov 06

Have a look at this thread on another forum. May help.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos