transfer photos from3 1/2 inch floppy to CD-R?

dune3 14:38 11 May 06

I'd like to transfer still photos from 3 1/2 floppy to CD-R; on Nero Startsmart do I click on "make data CD" or "make photo/video CD" Please advise, anyone?

Totally-braindead 14:45 11 May 06

You could do either I suppose. I must admit my photo back up disks are all multisession data disks. I burn them as data and keep adding until the disk is full then start another one. I also keep 2 copies and check them both every few months and if one is faulty I would just burn another copy off the good one.
I'll be interested to see what someone says about the photo/video cd as I've never used it. The data disks I burn play on stand alone dvd players linked up to TVs as well so you can bore your neighbours/relatives just by popping along with the cd.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:52 11 May 06

Why not copy them all to a folder on your desktop and burn that as a data file...easier than most ways.

dune3 15:08 11 May 06

Thanks for your input, Totally Braindead/Gandalf.
Gandalf, how do I go about what your question suggests, Explain, please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:16 11 May 06

Create a folder....right click on an empty part of your desktop-select new folder and name itt something memorable...Photos is a good 'un.

Insert a floppy, go to my computer and click on the floppy disk icon-from the explorer pane that opens select from the top menu, edit-'select all' and the photo icons will change colour. From the top menu go to edit-copy and left click on copy.

Go to your desktop, open the folder and right click any blank area and select paste and your photos will be downloaded into the folder. You can do this many times providing that you always click an empty area.

Totally-braindead 15:32 11 May 06

One thing perhaps to mention here as this was a mistake I did when I first started backing up photos. Put a bit of thought into the name to make it easier to find them later. I mean if you're at a wedding, call them something like Susans Wedding April 2006 rather than just photos. You can get a hell of an amount of photos on a cd, thousands perhaps, and if you don't do this, and don't have them divided up into individual folders it can take ages to find a photo again. I've got perhaps 4 or 500 photos on the disk I'm using now but they're spread over perhaps 30 individually named folders and I can find a particular photo in seconds rather than wasting 10 minutes trying to find it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:24 11 May 06

click here is the free answer to all your prayers;-))

G

dune3 14:16 12 May 06

Thanks to both you guys, problem solved; have downloaded Picasa 2. Very easy to use. Thanks again!

Stuartli 15:35 12 May 06

Picassa2 is exceptional.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…