Transfer Photos to CDRW

Adam76 09:02 29 Dec 05

My CD burner went bad so I bought a Magnavox external plug and play burner. It came with Nero. I burn my photos to disc as a "Data Disc". Instead of just adding phots to the CDRW like my internal burner used to do, Nero replaces all the pictures on the disc with the new ones and the old ones are lost. How can I get Nero to just add the new pictures to the disc without erasing the existing pictures?

Diemmess 10:01 29 Dec 05

Nero is becoming more sophisticated and less easy to understand as new versions appear.

Two things, You mention RW but plain R for data and multisession recordings is cheaper and more stable.

The software (Nero) needs some care and attention to detail when setting up a session. You may even do better to ignore the wizard and do the setting manually.

You need to be able to see what is already on the CD in the left hand column and drag the latest files you want into that column. Somewhere along the line at present you are selecting the old ones for deletion. (In fact they are not deleted, merely removed from the 'index' and lost)

pj123 12:34 29 Dec 05

If using the Wizard there should also be a Check box that says:

"Allow files to be added later (multisession disc)"

Make sure there is a tick in it.

SB23 13:03 29 Dec 05

Just a point I'd like to make is the fact that I no longer put my photos onto CD-RW.Whatever software you use,put them onto CD-R as I have found that when you wish to retrieve them from the disc,you shouldn't have any problems.
The reason I say this is the sad fact that I lost over 200 pictures that had been saved to CD-RW.For some reason,the discs became unreadable.Now all are on CD-R with no problems.

pj123 13:41 29 Dec 05

As SB23 says, CD/RWs are not very reliable and I also don't use them anymore.

ade.h 15:35 29 Dec 05

I must be about the only forumite who has never had a reliability issue with CD-RWs - I always use TDK by the way if that makes any difference - and have routinely used them for backing up fairly large quantities of data that won't fit on a USB stick.

Have you tried using the standard Windows CD-writing method that you were using before Nero came along, or have you found that your external drive does not work with it for some reason? It's so much simpler to use than any third-party software (even though it's actually derived from Roxio) and would bring back the behaviour that you describe. With CD-Rs, this is called multisession but I don't know if that is the right term for RWs as well. I just think of it as drag and drop.

jack 09:03 31 Dec 05

I can only support those that find issue with CDRW-
not at all reliable .
Even CD-Rs need careful monitoring and reburning from time to time because some will also 'fade' as they 'age'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…