Transfer photos from camera to PC

ponytail 15:51 PM 21 Feb 13

I am trying to transfer some photos from my wifes camera to her but having a few problems.Her camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8200.I have followed the manuals instruction.Turn camera off connect to PC using the supplied USB cable but nothing appears on the screen anyone have any ideas

iscanut2 16:18 PM 21 Feb 13

Maybe a silly question BUT have you turned the camera back on ?

ponytail 16:44 PM 21 Feb 13

Hi iscanut2 the camea turns on automatically when it is connected to the PC with the USB lead

Ian in Northampton 17:04 PM 21 Feb 13

Is there an option on the camera you need to choose to tell it to connect via USB? I know that's the case when I'm transferring pictures from my wife's phone.

If all else fails, go get a 99p USB card reader from your local 99p store and put the memory card from the camera in that. Not elegant, but cheap - and very, very straightforward.

ponytail 17:44 PM 21 Feb 13

Hi ian in northampton I do have a card reader which works fine can the photos be tranfered rom the reader to the PC if so hat is the procedure.

BT 17:52 PM 21 Feb 13

When you connect the camera it will normally appear as a drive/folder under the Computer/My computer icon.

can the photos be tranfered from the reader to the PC

The same applies it should show up as a drive/folder if it doesn't appear directly on the desktop.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4211657/transfer-photos-from-camera-to-pc/#ixzz2LYbdx767

woodchip 18:15 PM 21 Feb 13

As above in Last Post, but when you connect the Camera, check the Camera LCD screen as it may ask how you want to use the camera i.e; As a Web cam or for Data etc

Ian in Northampton 18:55 PM 21 Feb 13

As BT has said: just plug the USB card reader into an available USB port (having first put the memory card into the reader). It should open a dialog box on your desk top, asking you what you wnat to do with the files. If it doesn't, or alternatively, it will show up as a disk drive in My Computer/Windows Explorer. You can then treat the files like any other files: I'd suggest you want to copy them off the memory card and into an appropriately named folder on your PC. Tip: make sure they've copied properly (i.e. view them) before deleting the original images off the memory card.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…