Transfer photos from camera to PC

ponytail 15:51 PM 21 Feb 13

I am trying to transfer some photos from my wifes camera to her but having a few problems.Her camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8200.I have followed the manuals instruction.Turn camera off connect to PC using the supplied USB cable but nothing appears on the screen anyone have any ideas

Chronos the 2nd 13:19 PM 22 Feb 13

After connecting camera to PC did you turn the camera on? What OS have you?

I use Picasa which sees the camera and all I have to do is click on the import button,select images to copy,select a folder to place them and finally click import,job done..

onthelimit1 13:36 PM 22 Feb 13

I'm another fan of Picasa - no camera makers bloatware, easy to use and automatically re-sizes phots for emailing.

natdoor 16:43 PM 22 Feb 13

I see from the specification that the camera has a small internal memory, capable of storing only a few photos. Are the photos you wish to access stored on an SD card? If so, they can be accessed via a card reader, the contents of which will appear in a file in Windows Explorer. Otherwise they should be accessible via the USB connection, whether on card or internal memory, but I guess it may be necessary to load a driver from a CD supplied with the camera to achieve this.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites