Transfer Photos From Camera To PC

ponytail 10:08 21 May 09

I have a Samsung SGH-E250 camera and need to tansfer some photos to my computers hard drive so that I can print them.I have Samsung PC studio 3 on the computer. Could someone advise how to transfer the photos.When I connect the camera to the PC using the USB lead and then click on my computer it does not show the camera is this correct.

Stuartli 10:50 21 May 09

It should show up as a Removable Drive with a drive letter such as F, G, H etc depending on how many other drives you have attached.

You would normally create a folder for such files and drag and drop the camera's files into it.

Another method, if the drive uses a memory card, is to transfer the card into a memory card reader/writer and, again, drag and drop the photo files into a specific folder.

oldbeefer2 11:07 21 May 09

I would suggest Picasa (free from Google). I find it an excellent (and easy)way to import and manage pictures click here.

tullie 11:28 21 May 09

Picasas fine but they have to get onto computer first.

oldbeefer2 11:41 21 May 09

I import through the Picassa software - just click 'import' and it finds the device.

Kaacee 11:47 21 May 09

Picasa works easy as oldbeefer2 suggests, just connect camera to pc and it will import all the pics to a folder which you can name/date etc.

Graphicool1 11:49 21 May 09

Make sure that the camera is turned 'Off' when you connect the USB lead to the camera and the PC. Then turn the camera 'On'. The PC should make a sound to alert you of the connection. Open 'My Computer. Under the heading 'Devices with removable storage' look for the new drive letter. Click on it and open the file.

Andsome 12:01 21 May 09

Software should not be needed. On this computer I have not installed any of the Olympus software that came with the camera. When it is plugged in to the computer it shows up in windows explorer. I have a file created called Digital photos, subdivided into as many folders as I require, currently 64 in date of taking order. I just drag and drop into the appropriate folder.

woodchip 12:04 21 May 09

Please take note, some cameras do not show as a Removable drives, and only download photos to PC via the Camera Software

ponytail 12:14 21 May 09

Hi Stuartli
The phone is connected to the computer now but when I click on my computer it does not appear.Any ideas.
Thanks

ponytail 12:22 21 May 09

Hi Tullie when I click on import it says no devices found.Could this be related to the fact that when I click on my computer the device is not listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5