Transfer of outlook express addresses to W/Mail

Microjack 14:03 06 Feb 09

I have a large address book in Outlook Express on a desktop using Windows XP. I now have a laptop with Vista and Windows Mail. Is there a simple way of transferring the address book contents to Windows Mail without retyping them all in.
Thanks

Eric10 14:20 06 Feb 09

This works for Windows Live Mail under XP but I expect it will be similar on the Vista version of Mail.

In Outlook Express go to "File, Export, Address Book" and export as "Text File (Comma Separated Values)".

Open Windows Live Mail and click on Contacts then "File, Import, Comma Separated Values (.CSV)" and browse to the file you just saved.

T I M B O 14:21 06 Feb 09

From Outlook express you export ur address book, to do this you need to be in ur address book ok, save them in "MY Documents" then just inport them into Windows mail,

Taff™ 16:15 06 Feb 09

Even Easier - From a previous post:

You need to find your Windows Address Book on the XP Machine. Search for all files called *.wab and include hidden files and folders. On the vista machine copy this to Users>[Your User Name]>Contacts and then open Windows Mail which replaced OE in Vista. On the top row click on the Contacts Icon and a new window will open. In the right hand pane double click the .wab file and it will import all the contacts for you.

Microjack 16:40 06 Feb 09

Many thanks to all - worked a treat!

Taff™ 16:50 06 Feb 09

Tick & click as resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5